|P.o.B.||Tel Aviv, Gush Dan, Israel|
|D.o.B.||30 November 1994|
|Début||2018 Bahrain Feature Race|
|Best Finish||22nd (2018)|
|Formula Two Career|
|Entries||20 (20 Starts)|
|Former Teams||Campos Racing|
Roy Nissany (born 30 November 1994), רוי ניסני in Hebrew, is an Israeli racing driver whom competes for Trident in the 2020 FIA Formula 2 Championship. Son of Chanoch Nissany, the first Israeli driver to take part at a Formula One Grand Prix weekend, Nissany arrived in F2 with a solid, if unspectacular, background in other junior series.
Nissany originally debuted in the 2018 season, having signed up to Campos Racing alongside Luca Ghiotto. However, a miserable season saw Nissany struggle to match the pace of the rest of the field, and after a single points finish the Israeli racer was dropped from the team before the end of the season.
Nissany began karting at the age of four, before moving into car racing in 2010, joining the Formula Lista Junior series. An eighth place finish in that Championship saw Nissany move into the ADAC Formel Masters for 2011, with Nissany proving to be a consistent points scorer. A second season in the ADAC series saw Nissany register his first win, and secure a spot in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship for 2013.
A Formula Focus
It proved to be a quiet debut season in F3 Europe for Nissany, with the Israeli racer only scoring points in the second half of the season. Nissany was marginally more competitive in his second season, but ultimately decided to take up a seat in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series in 2015. A stronger campaign there saw Nissany claim a maiden podium finish, prompting the Israeli racer to stay with the series into 2016.
Nissany's second season in the newly renamed "Formula V8 3.5 Series" saw the Israeli racer claim his first wins since 2012, en-route to fourth in the Championship. A third season saw Nissany claim another win, but slip to fifth in the Championship despite scoring more points. Regardless, Nissany would gain a promotion at the end of the season, obtaining a seat in Formula Two for 2018.
Formula Two History
Campos Vexatec Racing would offer Nissany a drive in the 2018 FIA Formula Two Championship, partnering the Israeli racer with Luca Ghiotto. However, while Ghiotto proved to be a point scorer as expected, Nissany seemed to struggle on his debut weekend, not threatening the points at all in Bahrain. It was an even less impressive display in Baku for Nissany, the Israeli racer retiring from both races with accident and gearbox damage.
Post Formula Two Career
Full Formula Two Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Roy Nissany's career in Formula Two in statistical form.
Formula Two Entries
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Roy Nissany during their F2 career:
|Roy Nissany's Overall Formula Two Record|
|2018||Campos Vexatec Racing||15||Dallara F2 2018||22nd||1||100px|
|2020||Trident||22||Dallara F2 2018|
Below is a table showing Roy Nissany's full Formula Two record.
|FIA Formula Two Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 'Drivers Profile: Roy Nissany', fiaformula2.com, (FIA Formula Two, 2018), http://www.fiaformula2.com/Teams-and-Drivers/Drivers/Roy-Nissany/, (Accessed 04/09/2018)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Valentin Khorounzhiy, 'Nissany firms up F2 switch with Campos', motorsport.com, (Motorsport Network, 14/06/2018), https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/nissany-firms-up-f2-switch-with-campos-1020169/?s=1, (Accessed 14/06/2018)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Valentin Khorounzhiy, 'Williams tester Roy Nissany completes F2 grid at Trident', autosport.com, (Motorsport Network, 26/02/2020), https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/148438/williams-tester-completes-f2-grid-at-trident, (Accessed 04/03/2020)
- ↑ 'MARKELOV CLINCHES VICTORY IN BAHRAIN SPRINT RACE', fiaformula2.com, (FIA Formula 2, 08/04/2018), http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2018/04_April/Markelov-clinches-victory-in-Bahrain-Sprint-Race/, (Accessed 15/06/2018)
- ↑ 'RUSSELL STREAKS TO VICTORY IN ACTION-PACKED BAKU SPRINT', fiaformula2.com, (FIA Formula 2, 29/04/2018), http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2018/04_April/Russell-streaks-to-victory-in-action-packed-Baku-sprint/, (Accessed 16/06/2018)