|D.o.B.||11 May 2000|
|Début||2020 Red Bull Ring Feature Race|
|Formula Two Career|
|Entries||8 (8 Starts)|
Yuki Tsunoda (角田 裕毅 in Japanese; born 11 May 2000 in Kanagawa, Japan) is a Japanese racing driver who competes in the 2020 FIA Formula 2 Championship with Carlin. A member of both the Honda Formula Dream Project and the Red Bull Junior Team, Tsunoda graduated to F2 after a season in the FIA Formula 3 Championship.
Tsunoda began his career in karting in his native Japan, joining the JAF Junior Karting Championship in 2010. Progressing through the various classes each year, Tsuonda graduated to single-seaters in 2016, obtaining a late-season entry in the F4 Japanese Championship. After obtaining a debut podium, Tsuonda was handed a full season seat in F4 Japan for 2017.
Joining the Honda Formula Dream Project in 2017, Tsunoda had an impressive maiden campaign in F4 Japan, securing third in the Championship while also winning the East category. Honda duly kept him in Japanese F4 for 2018, and were rewarded as their young protege scored seven wins and the Championship title. That prompted Honda's new Formula One partners Red Bull to sign Tsuonda at the end of the season, with the Japanese youth moving to Europe as a member of the Red Bull Junior Team.
For 2019 Tsunoda would complete a dual programme in the FIA Formula 3 Championship and the Euroformula Open Championship alongside other RBJT members. The Japanese racer duly finished fourth in the latter series with a single win, while also securing ninth in F3, while also driving to eleventh in the famed Macau Grand Prix at the end of the season. 2020 would see Tsunoda get a run in the Toyota Racing Series, claiming a single win en-route to fourth in the Series.
Formula Two History
Tsunoda secured his debut in the FIA Formula 2 Championship with Carlin, with the Japanese racer signing a deal with the British squad for the 2020 season. It was a move orchestrated by both Honda and Red Bull, which saw Tsunoda partnered by fellow RBJT member Jehan Daruvala, with Tsunoda and Daruvala evenly matched at the 2020 Bahrain Test.
Post Formula Two Career
Full Formula Two Record
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Yuki Tsunoda's career in Formula Two in statistical form.
Formula Two Entries
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Yuki Tsunoda during their F2 career:
|Yuki Tsunoda's Overall Formula Two Record|
|2020||Carlin||7||Dallara F2 2018|
Below is a table showing Yuki Tsunoda's full Formula Two record.
|FIA Formula Two Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 'TSUNODA EARNS F2 PROMOTION WITH CARLIN', fiaformula2.com, (FIA Formula Two, 10/01/2020), http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2020/01_January/Tsunoda-earns-F2-promotion-with-Carlin/, (Accessed 04/03/2020)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Elliot Wood, 'Yuki Tsunoda steals Japanese F4 lead in exciting races at Fuji', formulascout.com, (Formula Scout, 06/05/2018), http://www.formulascout.com/yuki-tsunoda-steals-japanese-f4-lead-in-exciting-races-at-fuji/42557, (Accessed 12/03/2020)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Valentin Khorounzhiy, 'Red Bull firms up Honda-linked junior team plan for 2019', motorsport.com, (Motorsport Network, 05/12/2018), https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-honda-ticktum-auer/4308936/, (Accessed 12/03/2020)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 'Yuki Tsunoda', driverdb.com, (Driver Database, 2020), https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/yuki-tsunoda/, (Accessed 12/03/2020)
- ↑ 'GHIOTTO TOPS PRE-SEASON TESTING', fiaformula2.com, (FIA Formula 2, 03/03/2020), http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2020/03_March/Ghiotto-tops-pre-season-testing/, (Accessed 12/03/2020)